The pilot project for Promoting Safer Building is a 12 month project led by ODI, together with CARE International UK, UCL EPICentre and the British Geological Survey.
It is funded by £150,000 from CARE International UK and £160,000 from the Global Challenges Research Fund as part of a multi-disciplinary Building Resilience research project from NERC, AHRC & ESRC.
The project team is:
- Dr John Twigg, ODI. Principal Investigator.
- Emma Lovell, ODI. Senior Research Officer.
- Prof Tiziana Rossetto, UCL EPICentre. Co-Investigator.
- Prof Dina D’Ayala, UCL EPICentre.
- Victoria Stephenson, UCL EPICentre. Researcher.
- Alejandra Albuerne, UCL EPICentre. Researcher.
- Daniel Pohoryles, UCL EPICentre & CARE. Researcher.
- Bill Flinn, CARE International UK. Programme Manager.
- Holly Schofield, CARE International UK. Shelter Researcher.
- Luisa Miranda Morel, CARE International UK. Junior Researcher.
- Susanne Sargeant, BGS.
- Dr Tom Dijkstra, BGS.
- Andrew Finlayson, BGS.
- Robert Mitchell, ODI. Programme Officer
- Tom Newby, CARE International UK. Head of Humanitarian.
The following articles and publications have been written by members of the project team during the project:
- Flinn W, Schofield H, Morel LM (2017). ‘The case for self-recovery‘ Forced Migration Review Issue 55 [PDF]
Shofield H, Morel LM (2017). ‘Whose recovery? Power, roles and ownership in humantiarian shelter assistance‘ Humanitarian Exchange
- Morel LM (2017). ‘Mapping (self-) recovery: Reflections on people’s trajectories, perceptions and aspirations of recovery in the Philippines’ UNMGCY Youth Science-Policy Interface Publication
- Pohoryles D (2017). ‘Chile 2014-2016 / Valparaiso Fire‘ Shelter Projects 2015-16 [PDF]
- Schofield H, Twigg J (2017). Self-recovery for resilience: A multi-faceted process. Resilience Scan January-March 2017 [PDF]
Further articles and publications will be posted here in due course.